May 18, 2008

100 posts at Speaking Boricua!!

So I've been putting off posting for a few days, not just because I have been busy (which I have) but also because I realized I needed to write something for my 100th post!

I have to admit I'm pretty proud, seeing as I'm not sure I've done 100 of anything. I am not a very committed person, I suppose.

A few thoughts:

  • When you google Speaking Boricua the blog finally is... well, higher up than it was before. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but most of the google results are for a book also called "Speaking Boricua", with a guide to the weird words you find on the island. When I created the blog I didn't realize there was a book with that name--until I googled the blog after a few days and realized I was about two pages into google because of it. Point is, I actually got a copy of the book for Christmas (go figure), so no one can pretend I'm against them since I've contributed to their funds indirectly.
  • According to the web counter at the bottom of the page we've had 6,300 views, just about... On the other hand, I don't really take it too seriously, since I'm sure half of those are mine. But we have had about 3000 visits since late January according to that handy little map on the side of the page, with the most visitors from the East Coast (of the U.S.) and the island. Not bad.
  • The number of subscribers is consistently augmenting, with an average of 29 this week with a high of 34 Friday. Thanks guys!
  • The top searches landing people here are: Puerto Rico (not sure how since it gets 161 million hits on google...), Speaking Boricua, la Comay (apparently people love bochinche as much as I do), and then instruments and the like...
Some of the most popular posts include (besides the links above)...
Anyways... I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for reading. I know I've said it before but I really do care about Puerto Rico, and loving it so much is what makes me want everyone else to learn as well. So it means a lot to me to know there are people reading. Thanks, guys!

1 comment:

KW said...

Congrats, keep up the good work!